The 2019 City of Weirton Spring Clean Up will be scheduled beginning on Monday, April 8, 2019 through Friday, April 12, 2019.
The Clean Up Week Pick-ups will be on the same day as your regular Garbage Day.
Please utilize the following Guidelines:
1. Please have Household Goods on the curbside before 7:00 A.M
2. Clean up Week pickups will be limited to Household Goods only.
3. The City will NOT pick up the following items:
Construction Materials, Vehicle Tires or Vehicle Parts, Tree trimmings and brush, Propane Tanks, Air Conditioners, Lawnmowers, Paint, Oil and Antifreeze, or Hazardous Materials
4. Recyclable Materials will not be picked up during the Clean Up Week
(4-8-2019 through 4-12-2019) Recycling collection will resume on the Residents’
next scheduled Recycling Week.
5. Metal Items Day will be One Day only, on Friday, April 5, 2019, City-Wide. Metal Items include: Stoves, Refrigerators, Dishwashers, Washing Machines, Dryers, Hot Water Tanks, old railings, bicycle frames, metal shelving, etc. Residents must have these items curbside before 7:00 A.M. on Friday April 5, 2019.
An Ordinance prohibiting the removal (scavenging) of garbage or any other articles placed at curbside for “Clean Up” by the City is in effect. Individuals cited for this activity shall be fined not less than $5.00 or more than $500.00 and costs, and, for the second or subsequent offenses, may be imprisoned for not more than 30 days, in addition to the fine.