Trick or treat has been scheduled in the City of Weirton for Saturday, October 29, 2022, from 5:00 to 7:00 p.m. Residents wishing to participate in passing out candy should turn their porch light on.
Weirton Police Department offers the following suggestions:
- Trick or treaters should stay in their own neighborhoods and visit only those homes with porchlights on that are familiar to them.
- Children should not accept treats from strangers.
- Parents should accompany their children for trick-or-treating, or children should walk in groups.
- When available, everyone should use sidewalks and cross at intersections.
- Immediately contact the Weirton Police Department if candy looks tampered with.
- Lighted devices are recommended.
- Reflective material should be sewn or fastened onto costumes.
- Costumes should be short enough to prevent a child from tripping on it.
- Motorists must use extra caution while driving through the residential districts.
Halloween is a time for children to have fun, dress up and receive candy. Acts of violence and disruptive behavior will not be tolerated in the City of Weirton. The Weirton Police Department will have increased patrols in residential areas with officers in plain clothes and in unmarked cars to make trick-or-treating in the City safe for children. Any unusual activity should be reported to the Weirton Police Department by calling the Hancock County Dispatch at 304-797-8555.