The City of Weirton Observes Trick or Treat With Guidelines
Trick or treat has been scheduled in the City of Weirton for Saturday, October 31, 2020, from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Trick or Treat in the City is for children who reside in Weirton.
There is no rain date for trick-or-treating in the event of inclement weather or if canceled in light of the COVID-19 pandemic.
There will be increased police patrols during the above hours as the City has done traditionally.
The City asks each family to determine what is best for them.
Residents who choose to participate in trick or treat are encouraged to follow these guidelines:
- Turn on your porch light if you wish to hand out candy.
- All participants should wear a mask.
- Carry sanitizer and use it frequently.
- Maintain social distancing with those who do not live in the same household.
- Children should not eat candy until they have arrived home and washed their hands thoroughly.
- Parents should assess the candy and discard any candy that is not wrapped correctly.
Due to COVID-19, the City encourages all participants to abide by the State of West Virginia and the Center for Disease Control recommendations for social distancing.
This statement is subject to change due to any orders that may be in effect as issued by the State of West Virginia or the Hancock County and Brooke County Health Departments between October 8, 2020, and October 31, 2020.