As temperatures drop and travel conditions worsen, the people of Weirton are encouraged to report any hazardous conditions to road crews.
It is important, however, to know who to call for help.
While the city has 200 miles of streets to take care of, 30 miles of the roads through Weirton are actually under the care of the West Virginia Department of Highways.
These roads include:
- U.S. Route 22
- Main Street/County Road (WV Route 2)
- Cove Road/Cove Hill/Freedom Way (County Route 507)
- Three Springs Drive (County Route 13)
- Colliers Way/Pennsylvania Avenue (WV Route 105)
- Penco Road (County Route 105/1)
- Harmon Creek Road (County Route 1)
- Park Drive (County Route 13/1)
- Kings Creek Road (County Route 11)
- Culler Road (County Route 15)
- Birch Drive (County Route 507/2)
For help with state roads in Brooke County, call Burl Williams at 304-238-1200.
For state roads in Hancock County, call Jamison Haspel at 304-238-1199.
The WV DOH District 6 Engineer is David Brabhaim, who can be reached at 304-843-4000.
There is also a state highway helpline, 1-833-WVROADS.
All city road concerns can be directed to the Weirton Public Works office at 304-797-8500, extension 3002 or 3003.